[Product] [OpenStack] Mid Cycle Thoughts

Barrett, Carol L carol.l.barrett at intel.com
Wed Jun 22 20:56:07 UTC 2016

Hi Team - Now that we have more info on the Ops Mid cycle, I want to get a discussion going on options for our mid cycle.

As background, the Ops Midcycle [1] will be Aug 25-26 in NYC.  OpenStack East is also happening in NYC on Aug 23-24.

Our plans have been to co-locate our mid cycle with the Ops Mid cycle. Given that, here's some thoughts on options for us:
Option 1: 1 day F2F on 8/22 in NYC. We would focus on the agenda topics that are the highest priority [3] (see bottom of etherpad)
                Option 2: Combo Virtual/Physical Mid cycle. Have a ~6hr virtual mid cycle the week of 8/15 (or so) followed by a Physical F2F on 8/22. This would allow us to cover more agenda items.
                Option 3: Host a separate Mid cycle from the Ops Mid cycle. This would allow us to have a 2 day physical mid cycle (we'd probably try to align the Enterprise WG with this, if this option is chosen). We could do this in July, Aug or Sept. Thinking in the US - East, Central or West Coasts all possible.

Pls add your thoughts on these and add'l options. Ideally, we can finalize our plans in our team meeting on Monday.

Thanks
Carol

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/NYC-ops-meetup
[2] http://www.openstackeast.com/