[Product] proposal for expediting bug fixes

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 01:04:43 UTC 2015

On 28 September 2015 at 17:40, Kyle Mestery <mestery at mestery.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 5:03 PM, <Arkady_Kanevsky at dell.com> wrote:
>
>> Problem: Currently bug fixes take a long time especially for previous
>> releases.

It seems that that a more fundamental problem is not even acknowledged
here: sometimes bug reports/fix proposal are lacking the most basic
information to get them reproduced/triaged/reviewed and that in itself can
be a very painful process to go through.

Therefore putting artificial deadlines/workflow in place is unrealistic:
what if the bug reporters/submitters disappear, what if the bug/fix
languish for other reasons?

I am not saying that we should leave this as is, but putting an artificial
process in place is not going to yield the results that you would hope. A
better solution is to educate the community members through good examples
and good practices and measuring how a project community does over time.