[Product] Liberty Fan Fare

Shamail Tahir itzshamail at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 20:33:03 UTC 2015

Hi Kenny,

This is great feedback!  I think some of that content was in the marketing
launch (which was an open call for all who wanted to attend), please review
this deck[1] and let me know if this does a better job of describing the
value proposition for Liberty.

The docs team is planning to re-work release notes going forward (they got
a lot of feedback at the summit), but I'll add a +1 to your idea of maybe
our team helping create a 2-3 page overview of new releases which a focus
on user benefits (which we find sifting through release notes).

This also leads to another question... when are release notes "due"? I am
wondering how much lead time we could get to generate this 2-3 page
overview in time for the launch itself.

Have a great weekend!

Regards,
Shamail

[1]
http://www.slideshare.net/openstack/liberty-release-preliminary-marketing-materials-messages

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Kenny Johnston <kenny.johnston at rackspace.com
> wrote:

> I know, three emails in one day...
>
> Tokyo was my first OpenStack summit, and I had a blast, learned a lot and
> met a lot of folks for the first time face to face. There was one thing
> that struck me as strange. Nowhere, in the Keynotes, presentations,
> OpenStack.org, in the materials handed to me, did I find a compelling "Here
> is why OpenStack Liberty is better/sexier/stronger/faster."
>
> I thought one place where the Product Working Group could help, especially
> as we continue to communicate the roadmap, might be in analyzing the
> Release Notes [1] and distilling them down into specific customer value
> found in Liberty. While the exercise will be less useful this time around,
> it will help us prepare for the Mitaka release and figure out where that
> kind of content might be useful.
>
> Thoughts? Would this be something that could be better stated as "we
> should have more consumable release notes?" Is it worth pursuing?
>
> If folks think so I'd like to get a group together to begin this exercise.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kenny Johnston | Senior Product Manager, Private Cloud | Rackspace
> kenny.johnston at rackspace.com | rackspace.com |
>
> [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes/Liberty

Shamail Tahir
t: @ShamailXD