[Product] Roadmap Additions

Raghuram, Krishnan krishnan.raghuram at intel.com
Fri Nov 6 15:20:59 UTC 2015

Good food for thought. While I agree that there may be items that can't be classified well today (and thus landing in the catchall Manageability bucket), I feel we need to also consider adding Security/Compliance and Performance/Efficiency before just calling them New Services. Both may not be issues during initial deployment but come up once people start deploying at scale.

You could say Performance is all about Scalability, but in the Enterprise IT world people start segregating resources through host aggregates or filters for specific classes of apps and the option of just adding more VMs or servers somewhere (or bursting out to AWS or GCS) may not be the best. Intelligent scheduling based on resource usage metrics will be needed

And if you start classifying new modules like Gnocchi or Aogh for example as New Services, there will be the counter argument that these projects were spun off to address Scalability.

Krish
Intel Corporation, SSG/OTC - Datacenter Software Planning
Desk: (281) 320-5148; Mobile: (408) 221-1096
@KrishRaghuram