[Product] Throughts from the Product Working Group working sessions at the summit

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Thu Jun 4 15:07:30 UTC 2015

Each project is run in it's own way. We share some things but we all
operate in a different way at some level. For example, in Neutron, we've
moved away from waterfall design specs to an RFE process [1]. My point is
that, as John says, this is all a meritocracy, and it will be hard to push
from the top down uniformity in a lot of areas. Geoff, not sure that
answers your questions or not though, but hope it provides some perspective.

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/policies/blueprints.html#neutron-request-for-feature-enhancements