[Openstack] [Mirantis] How to keep ntpd down

John Petrini jpetrini at coredial.com
Thu Jul 20 10:57:59 UTC 2017

On all of the controllers? crm resource stop clone_p_ntp should do it.
Although I can't imagine why you would want to do this. Time is very
important in OpenStack (and Ceph if you are running it) which it sounds
like you've already found out.

The whole purpose of NTP is to keep your time in sync - if it's not doing
that you should be looking for the root cause not disabling it. You might
want to start by looking at your upstream time servers that the controllers
are using. This is configured in Fuel and the configuration is stored in
/etc/npt.conf on the controllers.

I'd highly recommend setting up monitoring of ntp so you know when the
clock starts to drift and can respond to it before it drifts too far and
becomes a problem.

___

John Petrini