[Openstack] [OpenStack] [nova] How can I release PCI device resources without delete instance?

Bhor, Dinesh Dinesh.Bhor at nttdata.com
Wed Jul 5 10:12:32 UTC 2017

Hi Eddie,

One way to do this is to “shelve” the instance which will allow to use your PCI device for other instance.
But you won’t be able to “unshelve” the previous instance until you delete or unshelve the newly created instance.

NOTE:
Shelving will release all the resources associated to that instance if the config option shelved_offload_time is not -1.

Thanks and Regards,
Dinesh Bhor | App. Software Dev. Cnslt.
dinesh.bhor at nttdata.com<mailto:dinesh.bhor at nttdata.com> | VOIP. 8833.8395I | nttdata.com/americas<http://nttdata.com/americas>
NTT DATA, Inc.
Consulting | Digital | Managed Services | Industry Solutions
Learn more: