[Openstack] [OpenStack] [nova] How can I release PCI device resources without delete instance?

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 08:18:42 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm using OpenStack Mitaka (which deployed from Fuel 9.2) and doing GPU
things.

I got a problem is I need to delete current instance which contains GPU to
release device if I want assign GPU to another new instance temperately.

I'll got "No valid host was found" if I creating new instance contains GPU
flavor without delete present instance, even the instance is shutdown.

Is there any way that I just shutdown the instance rather than delete it to
release GPU device?

Many thanks,
Eddie.