[Openstack] [OpenStack] [Swift] Bug: Swift doesn't save last "end of file" characters

Steve Martinelli s.martinelli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 04:11:01 UTC 2017

Hey Alexandr,

We made a change to the `object save` command recently [1], and this issue
may be resolved in v3.7.0 of OSC (released yesterday!). [1]
https://github.com/openstack/python-openstackclient/commit/1cdc1319d6cbfc4087551e5bf0a9875c016eca1c

# openstack --version
openstack 3.7.0
# pip freeze | grep keystone
keystoneauth1==2.17.0

# cat -A my.cnf
[client-server]$
!includedir /etc/my.cnf.d$
$

# openstack object create new_con my.cnf
+--------+-----------+----------------------------------+
| object | container | etag                             |
| my.cnf | new_con   | 458ebc5af3d43bc7bf31498942d3cfc0 |

# rm my.cnf
# openstack object save new_con my.cnf
# cat -A my.cnf
[client-server]$