[Openstack] [Swift] Selection of handoff nodes logic

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Feb 14 06:14:12 UTC 2017

Hi,

Adding [swift] to Subject line (not really sure if it is needed, but is
supposed to make it easier for the right people to see the question)!

The question about handoff nodes is a good one - use the swift-get-nodes
binary to see what the set of handoffs are (the output is quite verbose,
but should be reasonably self explanatory). However swift is not
limiteds to *just* the ones shown there - if they are unavailable (or if
you have write affinity enabled) you may get objects placed on *any*
available device not already holding a replica.

regards

Mark