[Openstack] Projects deals tricky job

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Mon Jun 27 14:20:19 UTC 2016

Thanks for the information, I'll definitely get to it. But right now
I'm having some trouble with domain_id in the keystone_policy.json. I
believe I'm also affected by this bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-openstackclient/+bug/1538804

I switched to the stable/liberty policy.v3cloudsample.json because the
value for "token.is_admin_project:True or domain_id:admin_domain_id"
lead to errors in authentication. Using "rule:admin_required and
domain_id:default" works if I use Horizon (I see the output in
keystone.log), but it fails to authenticate while using CLI because
for some reason "domain_id" is never read by the client.
As a workaround I changed the rule to

"cloud_admin": "rule:admin_required and (domain_id:default or
user_domain_id:default)"

that seems to work fine, and I already tried it with user_id instead
of domain_id, but I can't predict the consequences. What is the
recommendation here until the CLI client will be able to read domain_id?

Regards,
Eugen