[Openstack] Openstack Mitaka Domain question

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Thu Jun 9 09:48:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've managed to enable multi-domain support for my Mitaka environment,
but there are still some things to configure properly. I have two
questions regarding domains.

> Log in as admin under the default domain, go to the Domains dashboard

1. How can I enable the domain view in Horizon? I can't see that tab
in the dashboard, I'm not sure where to look anymore.

2. Has anyone a working separation of cloud_admin and domain_admin? I
used the v3-policy file mentioned in the last response, changed the
admin_domain_id to default as suggested, updated the keystone
endpoints to v3, but now I can't execute some actions like list
projects, list users etc. The logs say

      You are not authorized to perform the requested action:
identity:list_domains

So I take a look into the policy.json:

     "cloud_admin": "rule:admin_required and domain_id:default",
     "identity:list_domains": "rule:cloud_admin"

As far as I understand, I assigend the domain "default" to
cloud_admin, so I assume that I should be able to list domains,
projects etc.
Until now I simply used the default config files for identity, can
anyone advise how to configure that file properly?

Regards,
Eugen

--
Eugen Block                             voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77
D-22423 Hamburg                         e-mail  : eblock at nde.ag

         Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
           Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                   Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                    USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983