[Openstack] Installing Openstack Liberty with Openvswitch support

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Wed Jul 6 12:04:41 UTC 2016

[I run Mitaka, so things might have changed]

On Jul 6, 2016, at 12:50 PM, Daniel Ruiz Molina wrote:

> What I want to get is that all communitations between hypervisors run in eth0 (public IP),

From what I understand, you need to setup your OVS bridge(s).

This is how i do it, I use both my eth[01] as external networks:

https://github.com/FransUrbo/openstack_bladecenter/blob/master/rc.install#L120-L195

Basically, I setup "br-physical" and add "eth1" to that, then
reconfigure the network to set the IP on "br-physical" instead
of eth1.

Then OVS will create "br-provider" (the tenant network - misnamed :)
and "br-tun" automatically.

Originally, these bridges are named "br-ext" and "br-int" respectively
(I just wanted to complicate things for me by renaming them :).

For me, the "local_ip" is the IP of "br-physical":

https://github.com/FransUrbo/openstack_bladecenter/blob/master/configs-control/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/openvswitch_agent.ini
--
Med ett schysst järnrör slår man hela världen med häpnad
- Sockerconny