[Openstack] Installing Openstack Liberty with Openvswitch support

Daniel Ruiz Molina daniel.ruiz at caos.uab.es
Wed Jul 6 11:50:15 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm getting some problems after installing a small test cloud (one
controller that acts as network too and two computes).

I'm executing all commands that are in
http://docs.openstack.org/liberty/install-guide-rdo, but when I run an
instance, it doesn't receive DHCP IP offer (however, controller+network
server show at dashboard that an IP address has been assigned to the
instance that is in creating process)

In my scenario, servers have this configuration:
server: network+controller --> 3 nics --> 1 with public IP (and for
OpenStack management), 1 with private IP for VM data from OpenStack (GRE
tunnels) and 1 with no IP for external network (floating IPs)
computes: 2 nics --> 1 with public IP (and for OpenStack management) and
1 with private IP for VM data from OpenStack (GRE tunnels).

Now, I'm confused because I don't know if "local_ip" in
/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/openvswitch_conf.ini must have public IP (from
mgmt nic) or private IP (from data nic).

What I want to get is that all communitations between hypervisors run in
eth0 (public IP), like schedulers, conductors, nova... and all
communitations for the running instances (all traffic from/to br-tun and
br-int and all openvswitch data and internal communication between
running instances) run in eth1 (private IP)

I don't know if this scenario could be possible... but I suppose...

My computers NEED to have an eth0 nic with public IP and an eth1 nic
with private IP, so with that nics, I need to configure my cloud (in
other words, I can't have a nic with no IP configuration...)

Anybody could help me?

Thanks!