[Openstack] Fwd: Need to integrate radius server with OpenStack

Van Leeuwen, Robert rovanleeuwen at ebay.com
Mon Feb 8 08:51:31 UTC 2016

>Now we are stuck at this point how to authenticate users via free radius.
>Any help or pointers on this would be grateful.

Hi Pratik,

You can write your own keystone middleware to authenticate with.

There is a nice doc about that here:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/keystone/external-auth.html

Note that if you use external_auth as in the example it will only take over the authentication:
The user will still need to exist in keystone and roles need to be assigned in the keystone backend.

For  a "fully integrated” solution you will have to look at LDAP afaik.

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen