[Openstack] tacker+devstack image configuration

Victor Mehmeri vime at fotonik.dtu.dk
Wed Apr 13 18:05:44 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to run a simple demo of Tacker with Devstack (I am new to this), but I've been stuck for hours here on a seemingly simple problem: my YAML file is pointing to an Openstack image which I created using an Ubuntu cloud image that I downloaded, and so after I run tacker vnfd-create and vnf-create commands and have my instance launched, I can't ssh to it because at no point during this process I found how I could tell tacker to inject a ssh key pair into the VM. Or, alternatively, how to tell tacker to load a cloud-config user script so I can configure the instance at boot time.

I know it's possible to do that by launching an instance directly from nova, but from what I gathered, vnf-create is - among other things - a wrapper to nova  and I suppose I should insert something inside that yaml file to indicate that an ssh key file must be used for that instance.

I didn't find anything related to that in tacker documentation, in the sample yaml files, or searching the web. Is it not possible at all?

Am I missing something here? As I said, I'm new to all of this. Can someone please give me some guidance?

Thank you,

Victor Mehmeri

Victor Mehmeri

PhD student