[Openstack] How to get settings of an image (openstack and/or any other virtualization environment

Cynthia Lopes clsacramento at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 14:56:26 UTC 2015

Hello,

You can try libguestfs to mount the filesystem of the image on a server:
http://libguestfs.org/guestmount.1.html

For example, this command:
guestmount -a /var/lib/libvirt/images/image.qcow2 -i --ro /mnt

cat /mnt/etc/passwd

This will mount the image file system on mnt, so then you can chack few
things... Like /etc/passwd for user accounts, network configuration files
according to the distrbution, for services check /etc/init.d/ or equivalent
etc...

I hope this will help you.

Kind regards,
Cynthia Lopes do Sacramento