[Openstack] customizing trove instances security group

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Thu Feb 12 13:15:05 UTC 2015

Ali,

There is no way you can set the keypair for an instance once it is booted.

However, please consider this. Depending on how you built your guest image, it may have a user already setup there.

For example, if you used the image as built with the elements in trove-integration, then a user with the same name as the person launching the image will exist and that user will have an authorized_keys file that is identical to the authorized_keys file of the person running the image creation (if it is found in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys). Caveat, if that user is called ubuntu, your mileage will vary.

Hope that helps,

-amrith