[Openstack] Openstack with Ubuntu 12:04 - Error " wget: can't connect to remote host (169.254.169.254): Network is unreachable"

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Sat Feb 7 22:08:58 UTC 2015

Teclus D'souza wrote:
> Hello Richard,
>
> I reconfigured Openstack today and was able to get the interfaces
> showing Active/UP .  But I am not able to ping/ssh into the instnces
> and still getting the same error .
>
> I have uploaded the logs over here
>  https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f3c389e90eabc96d0c8e
>
> I have configured  this setup on a bare-metal Dell server with 2 Nics.
>
> Kindly revert back if you need any other details.
>
> Regards
> Teclus Dsouza

Teclus,

Before going further, we should resolve the message broker connection
issues which appear in the logs (e.g. 'AMQP server on 192.168.2.7:5672
is unreachable: [Errno 111] ECONNREFUSED.'). Please review your message
broker configuration, ensure the service is running, and that any
firewalls at the network or client level allow the appropriate traffic.

Regards,

Richard