[Openstack] STORAGE ON OPENSTACK

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Sat Apr 18 14:51:01 UTC 2015

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 4:24 AM, Chamambo Martin <chamambom at afri-com.net>
wrote:

> I just installed openstack and im still learning everything I can get my
> hands on , from youtube videos to openstack docs and just thought I can
> join
> a mailing list to speed up the process of acquiring openstack knowledge.
>
> This is my case : I have openstack all_in_one and right now everthing is
> just on one machine [from reading the docs seems like I can expand my
> openstack projects [cinder ,nova etc] to other nodes and that will be for
> later]
>
> Right now I have installed the RDO icehouse packstack and its on a centos
> machine , with 4 gig. So far so good.On the same machine I have configured
> /home directory with 1 terabyte for storing my images and when I open
> openstack dashboard , I cant seem to find a way to reference it ,how can I
> add that filesystem as my storage for my VMs
>
> My filestystem is as follows
>
> [root at cumulonimbus ~]# df -h
> /dev/mapper/vg_cumulonimbus-lv_root
> -------------------------------------------on open stack dashboard ,it
> seems
> to recognize this only
>                        50G  2.6G   45G   6% /
> tmpfs                 1.9G  4.0K  1.9G   1% /dev/shm
> /dev/sda1             477M   49M  403M  11% /boot
> /dev/mapper/vg_cumulonimbus-lv_home
>                       351G   67M  333G   1% /home
> /srv/loopback-device/swiftloopback
>                       1.9G  3.0M  1.8G   1% /srv/node/swiftloopback
> [root at cumulonimbus ~]#

Sounds like you're looking for instances path?  In other words the location
you want the qcow files for the instances to live?

That's set up in the nova.conf file as: instances_path

Check out the docs page here and see if that helps.  Items like conf
settings don't show up in the dashboard by the way.

http://docs.openstack.org/juno/config-reference/content/section_compute-config-samples.html

Thanks,
John