[Openstack] STORAGE ON OPENSTACK

Chamambo Martin chamambom at afri-com.net
Sat Apr 18 10:24:04 UTC 2015

I just installed openstack and im still learning everything I can get my
hands on , from youtube videos to openstack docs and just thought I can join
a mailing list to speed up the process of acquiring openstack knowledge.

This is my case : I have openstack all_in_one and right now everthing is
just on one machine [from reading the docs seems like I can expand my
openstack projects [cinder ,nova etc] to other nodes and that will be for
later]

Right now I have installed the RDO icehouse packstack and its on a centos
machine , with 4 gig. So far so good.On the same machine I have configured a
/home directory with 1 terabyte for storing my images and when I open
openstack dashboard , I cant seem to find a way to reference it ,how can I
add that filesystem as my storage for my VMs

My filestystem is as follows

[root at cumulonimbus ~]# df -h
/dev/mapper/vg_cumulonimbus-lv_root
-------------------------------------------on open stack dashboard ,it seems
to recognize this only
                       50G  2.6G   45G   6% /
tmpfs                 1.9G  4.0K  1.9G   1% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1             477M   49M  403M  11% /boot
/dev/mapper/vg_cumulonimbus-lv_home
                      351G   67M  333G   1% /home
/srv/loopback-device/swiftloopback
                      1.9G  3.0M  1.8G   1% /srv/node/swiftloopback
[root at cumulonimbus ~]#