[Openstack] Keystone Startup issue

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Tue Mar 18 23:44:44 UTC 2014

> Hint:
>
> curl http://localhost:5000
>
> curl http://localhost:35357
>
> Also...you need a userid and password, usually set an env vars and
> written to a file named keystonerc

Yeah, I got that bit working, something like this:

export OS_USERNAME=admin
export OS_PASSWORD=somepass
export OS_TENANT_NAME=admin
export OS_AUTH_URL=http://server-private.edu:35357/v2.0

Funny thing is that I can do most commands, like "keystone user-list",
create users and tenants, etc, but whenever I start the service it
returns "1" and gives the "Aborting wait for keystone to start" error.
 From looking at the init.d script, it returns "1" if "keystone
discover" doesn't find anything, which it isn't.  I wonder if it's just
a bug of some kind.  This is the RedHat RDO branch, Icehouse.