[Openstack] No mouse control for a Windows 7 instance

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 00:05:06 UTC 2014

Ernest,

Where did you put your "use_usb_tablet=true" config option?!

The doc
http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/config-reference/content/nova-conf-changes-icehouse.html
recommends under [libvirt] group...

I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 + IceHouse and I configured this option within the
file "/etc/nova/nova-compute.conf" with at:

--
[libvirt]
use_usb_tablet=true

But, it have no effect.

I'm seeing the following line at the logs:

--
nova-compute.log:2014-07-21 20:53:42.782 7435 DEBUG
nova.openstack.common.service [-] libvirt.use_usb_tablet         = True

But the Instance's XML have no "tablet" entry. I checked it via both logs
and using "virsh dumpxml instance-xxxxxxxx"...

What am I missing?

I really appreciate any help! Tks!

BTW, I'm using SPICE Consoles...

Cheers!