[Openstack] [Nova] Launch of VM failed after certain count openstack Havana

Vikash Kumar vikash.kumar at oneconvergence.com
Tue Jul 8 04:12:31 UTC 2014

Hi all,

    I am facing issue with VM launch. I am using openstack *Havana.* I have
one compute node with following specification:

root at compute-node:~# lscpu
Architecture:          x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:            Little Endian
CPU(s):                8
On-line CPU(s) list:   0-7
Thread(s) per core:    1
Core(s) per socket:    4
Socket(s):             2
NUMA node(s):          1
Vendor ID:             GenuineIntel
CPU family:            6
Model:                 15
Stepping:              7
CPU MHz:               1995.104
BogoMIPS:              3990.02
Virtualization:        VT-x
L1d cache:             32K
L1i cache:             32K
L2 cache:              4096K
NUMA node0 CPU(s):     0-7

root at compute-node:~# free -h
Mem:           15G       1.5G        14G         0B       174M       531M
-/+ buffers/cache:       870M        14G
Swap:          15G         0B        15G

But I am not able to launch more than 12-14 VM. VM launch fails. Even I
don't see *ERROR *logs in any of nova logs on both *openstack controller
and compute node.* Don't see any request coming to compute node also. I
just tailed nova compute logs on compute node. As soon as, I clean the
previous VMs , everything works fine. I have never observed this with
Grizzly.

Regards,
Vikash