[Openstack] [keystone] Rate limit middleware

Rafael Durán Castañeda rafadurancastaneda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 23:50:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm working on a blueprint [1] and implementation [2] doing rate limit
middleware for Keystone; after discussing it at keystone's meeting
today I was suggested to ask for some feedback from the community.

I think the most important thing is how to track the keystone usage
and thus it should be very carefully designed. My obvious choice would
be track users, either by user name or user ID, not really sure which
one. ID would make easier and probably faster implementation, but much
more difficult configuration (e.g. add custom limits for  “nova”
user). I would like to know other people thoughts about this.

I also want to know about other projects use cases, in the blueprint
I've added an Horizon use case where it can help or get weird (if not
carefully done). More use cases about how this can be useful (or not)
for other projects would be appreciate.

Best regards,
Rafael

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/keystone-rate-limiting