[Openstack] [Openstack-Common] RPC

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 15:03:54 UTC 2012

Hi,
I am in the process of integrating the RPC code from OpenStack common
into Quantum. I initially started working with qpid as the backend
implementation. I ran into problems due to the fact that
control_exchange is defined as 'nova'. This is in
quantum/openstack/common/rpc/__init__.py where the following is defined.
     cfg.StrOpt('control_exchange',
                default='nova',
                help='AMQP exchange to connect to if using RabbitMQ or
Qpid'),
When I changed this to 'quantum' it worked. My topic was defined as
'quantum'.

In addition to this I have a few additional questions and or concerns:
1. When we import code from openstack common the test cases for the
modules are not imported (maybe I missed something with running setup).
When the code is copied the imports are updated. It would be nice to
know that the auto tests are also run in the context of the project
importing the code.
2. I based my integration on the patch
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/9166/. A number of files were missing.
Should this have specifically mentioned the missing files or should the
rpc part have taken care of this?

Thanks
Gary