[Openstack] Java application over Openstack

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 19:20:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 3:15 PM,  <mohan.rajesh00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Rafael and Jay.
>
> By following the openstack installation manual, nova-direct-api is not
> installed. To install it, should I just download openstack package and copy
> the nova-direct-api and stack to the /usr/bin/ directory?

Hmm, that's interesting. Termie, is there a reason we didn't want
nova-direct-api installed where the other bins are installed? Was the
intention to keep nova-direct-api as more of a developer-focused
thing?

> The nova-api seems have limited function to call, but nova-direct-api seems
> can call any function, right?

nova-api publishes the EC2 and official OpenStack HTTP APIs.
nova-direct-api publishes an alternate HTTP API that merely exposes
the actual methods of the various controllers as URL endpoints. It's
just a different way of accessing the services...

-jay