[Openstack] Lunr question and GlusterFS integration

Shehjar Tikoo shehjart at gluster.com
Mon Jun 6 09:59:19 UTC 2011

Hi All

My research into the GlusterFS-OpenStack integration saga continues..

Going by this message: https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg02667.html

It is not very clear to me whether Lunr will be a replacement for Glance or will only be used for supporting application volumes. If I understand this correct, it is trying to overcome the iscsi-only access method currently provided for creating and accessing application volumes. Correct?

With GlusterFS, my first milestone is to enable GlusterFS as an application volume backend, followed later by supporting GlusterFS as a VM store. So a deeper dive into Lunr would really help appreciate the integration points with Lunr. Are there any design docs available at this time?

Thanks
-Shehjar