[Openstack] AuthZ functionality in Keystone - Re: [WAS]OpenStack Identity: Keystone API Proposal

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:50:22 UTC 2011

On Aug 18, 2011, at 3:45 PM, Somik Behera wrote:

> Hi Vish,
>
> That would be one very reasonable way to do it, but in that case we are fragmenting AuthZ in multiple services instead of Keystone taking care of AuthZ across all services.

We can't necessarily depend on keystone to keep track of all objects owned by each service.  Especially for things like swift where millions of objects are involved.  I therefore think the right solution is to have the services responsible for their own objects, and allow them to delegate to keystone in the cases where it makes sense.