[Openstack] AuthZ functionality in Keystone - Re: [WAS]OpenStack Identity: Keystone API Proposal

Somik Behera somik at nicira.com
Thu Aug 18 22:45:46 UTC 2011

Hi Vish,

That would be one very reasonable way to do it, but in that case we are
fragmenting AuthZ in multiple services instead of Keystone taking care of
AuthZ across all services.

Depending on Keystone's roadmap and plans, we could take a 2 phased
approach, where Nova doing AuthZ is a temporary solution till Keystone can
do it or  if Keystone  is not going to have this capability, then we go down
the path you are suggesting - Keystone does AuthN and we rely on Nova to
authorize a tenant's access rights to a particular vif.

Thanks,
Somik

--
Somik Behera | Nicira Networks, Inc. | somik at nicira.com <sbehera at nicira.com> |
office: 650-390-6790 | cell: 512-577-6645