[openstack-tw] OpenStack Taiwan Day Committee member nomination

yf.juan at itri.org.tw yf.juan at itri.org.tw
Mon Mar 16 09:47:26 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Thank you for Tom's kind note. No monetary compensation was involved for the friendly sentiment.

But seriously, as most of you probably know, Yoyo Chang was the primary ITRI person for OpenStack. With Yoyo et al spinning off to a new company Gemini, I am one of the ITRI people who will be involved with OpenStack activities.

ITRI is definitely interested in participating with the Taiwan Day. What I need to figure out is what kind of resources ITRI can bring to bear in this process.

Separately, I am particularly interested in these two ideas where I believe ITRI can add value to the community:
1. Support Taiwan member's efforts in up-streaming into Openstack main line
2. Fostering a larger ecosystem where various Open communities can leverage each other's assets: OpenStack, Open Compute, OpenPower, OpenFlow, OpenDaylight, etc.

Warm regards,  YF Juan

Y.F. Juan / 阮耀飛
ITRI
o: +886 3.591.6173