[Openstack-track-chairs] Timeline for Austin Session Selection Process

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Wed Feb 24 07:43:14 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 6:53 AM, John Dickinson <me at not.mn> wrote:
> I have worked with John for years in the OpenStack community, including as a track chair in past summits. I've not known him to be anything but fair in his take on the community.
>
> However, the point of the perception of bias from external observers is valid, and I agree with John. I do not think it's appropriate to have two track chairs on the same track for the same summit from the same employer.

Surely you have noticed that in the Hands-On Labs track, out of 4
chairs I'm the only non-Racker?

I haven't heard anyone raise an issue with that, certainly don't have
one with it myself, can *assure* you that you'd hear about it if my
co-chairs would favor coworkers in any way, and I've also collaborated
with them as a track chair before and they have never once shown
favoritism towards other Rackspace employees. I have not personally
collaborated with John as a track chair, but my hunch is that any
favoritism on co-chairs' part would be met with an invitation to
please hike up Flagstaff Mountain and spend a night under open sky,
meditating and reflecting on one's sins. In January. In a blizzard.
Naked.

Staying on as track chair is entirely John's decision, but there is
absolutely no rational reason (other than his own preference) why he
should step down.

Cheers,
Florian