[Openstack-track-chairs] Part Two: Austin Session Selection Process

Jimmy McArthur jimmy at openstack.org
Tue Feb 23 17:37:29 UTC 2016

Hi all -

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for your hard work and
enthusiasm as Track Chairs. We are listening to your requests and have
done our best to incorporate some of them into this round. The rest of
the changes we're planning for Barcelona, so stay tuned and know that
we're working on them :)

Here's what I've got so far. Please feel free to add on to them:

This list is taken from general feedback from Track Chairs + requests
from Foundation Staff

  * Need to be able to set the # of alternates, per track
  * For presentations that are moved to another track, have the tool
    record something in the comments showing what track it came from
  * Modify submissions list by dividing it into three sections:
      o new (which are not reviewed by you)
      o reviewed (those that were already reviewed by you)
      o moved (those that were moved from other tracks to yours)
  * Add "Review" button to each submission in order to make review
    process more consistent for Track Chairs
      o "Review" button will cover next logic just as you mentioned, but
        it will push reviewers to leave a feedback for teammates. By use
        of such mechanism OpenStack committee will be sure that all
        submissions were reviewed by not just scrolling down a web page.
  * Email notifications. It would be very useful to get notification about:
      o Submission comments (it would be useful to have notification
        system similar to IRC, using Track Chair names and post a
        comment to whole team).
      o Moved submissions (for now, as i can see, we have to revisit
        portal in order to check if any submission was moved to the
        track that i am responsible for).
  * So some way of doing a quick pass and then iterating back over the
    ranks to sort them out, would be really helpful. Some radio buttons
    to rank them (3 levels is enough), and the ability to sort based on
    rank would be a great addition.
  * The ability to dump the entire list of talks for a category into a
    CSV file (rather than the current JSON ref'd by unique URLs) so we
    can import into excel etc -- and apply our own assessment columns --
    would be a great fallback to building this into the tool. And save
    all that pointing and clicking.
  * A time stamp on the comments from other tracks chairs within my track
  * A "seen by" flag that indicates whether or not comments have been viewed
  * Email notification to other track chairs when someone on your team
    makes a comment (could be an option where you opt-in)
  * (From Jimmy) - Speed up the entire tool. It's super draggy.
  * Add the option to mark a presenation as "Maybe" or "Revisit". Right
    now it's eitehr on the list, or off the list. Which makes it
    difficult to go back and review presentations you weren't sure about
    since you can't find them. So maybe something to Flag a presentation
    with the option to filter by flag.

Thanks!
Jimmy