[Openstack-track-chairs] Call for Speakers Feedback, Next Steps

Henry Nash henry.nash at uk.ibm.com
Thu Dec 10 09:08:48 UTC 2015

So a couple 0.01 old English pennies:

+1 for limiting submissions to 3
+1 for limiting number of speakers to 3, except for panels (which I agree
are good...although I'd love to encourage more question from the
audience...rather than just moderator questions passed around)
-1 for limiting submissions by company (let's judge submissions on merit,
not on source)
-1 for asking for video of previous talks (I absolutely get the goal of
trying to get good speakers....I'm just concerned we raise the barrier too
high for submission)
+1 for trying to get a better idea of the content from the submission
(Maybe don't ask for a longer abstract, but have a section that asks for a
simple bullet point list of the key topics covered?)

Henry