[openstack-tc] Stepping down

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Aug 4 07:46:22 UTC 2016

Morgan Fainberg wrote:
> NOTE: Cross-posted to this list as well as the -dev list.
>
> Based upon my personal time demands among a number of other reasons I
> will be stepping down from the Technical Committee. This is planned to
> take effect with the next TC election so that my seat will be up to be
> filled at that time.
>
> For those who elected me in, thank you.

Hijacking this branch of the thread to discuss how to replace Morgan at
next election, since our charter is a bit unclear on that.

We have two options:

1/ just renew 7 seats at the fall election (and 6 seats next spring)

2/ hold a normal 6-seat election in fall and give Morgan's seat for 6
months to whoever ranks 7th

I'm fine with both, but if we do (1) we'll have to update the charter
(which explicitly says "6 seats are renewed every (Northern hemisphere)
Fall, and 7 seats are renewed every Spring"). So it may be simpler to do
(2).

Thoughts ? I added this to the agenda for next meeting (which I'll miss).