[openstack-tc] Stepping down

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 10:14:49 UTC 2016

On 04/08/16 09:46 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>Morgan Fainberg wrote:
>> NOTE: Cross-posted to this list as well as the -dev list.
>>
>> Based upon my personal time demands among a number of other reasons I
>> will be stepping down from the Technical Committee. This is planned to
>> take effect with the next TC election so that my seat will be up to be
>> filled at that time.
>>
>> For those who elected me in, thank you.
>
>Hijacking this branch of the thread to discuss how to replace Morgan at
>next election, since our charter is a bit unclear on that.
>
>We have two options:
>
>1/ just renew 7 seats at the fall election (and 6 seats next spring)

I'd prefer #1, tbh. I'd rather have someone elected for the entire period than
having a temporary member that might not be re-elected on the Northern Spring. 6
months won't likely be enough for the 7th elected member to shine and be amazing
and it sounds unfair to me.

>2/ hold a normal 6-seat election in fall and give Morgan's seat for 6
>months to whoever ranks 7th
>
>I'm fine with both, but if we do (1) we'll have to update the charter
>(which explicitly says "6 seats are renewed every (Northern hemisphere)
>Fall, and 7 seats are renewed every Spring"). So it may be simpler to do
>(2).
>
>Thoughts ? I added this to the agenda for next meeting (which I'll miss).

Put this up for the sake of voting/discussing this argument: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/351104/

Happy to help with this change,
Flavio

--