[openstack-tc] Not running in the TC election

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Oct 9 09:41:42 UTC 2014

Hey

I've decided not to run in the TC election. I've switched my focus at
Red Hat recently and I know I'm going to have little or no time to
contribute upstream, at least for the next while.

Even if I could get elected to the TC again, I wouldn't feel comfortable
having a vote in some of the big decisions we have to make over the next
6 months if I'm not also contributing significantly.

Thierry and I were talking about my situation a few weeks ago and he
said something like "sounds like you're cashing out?"[1]. Ouch, huh? :)
After talking about it some more, he decided it sounded more like "duty
calls". That's a good way of looking at it.

I'm going to continue to be completely focused on helping make OpenStack
successful through my work at Red Hat. That work will be largely
invisible to the community, and its significance will pale in comparison
to the work going on in the project itself.

Anyway, I'll be following y'all closely. Bon courage! :)

See you in Paris,

Mark.

[1] - to be clear, I'm just teasing Thierry here - his comment was
actually much more insightful and helpful than it sounds out of
context :)