[openstack-tc] In-person Technical Committee meeting in San Diego

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 14:35:55 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-05 at 11:06 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We should have our first Technical Committee meeting in-person in San
> Diego. Let me know if you have any time constraint.
>
> Ideally it would happen one of the days at 6pm after the end of the
> regular sessions, in some quiet area of some bar. I'd propose Tuesday or
> Wednesday at 6pm, so that we have the formal approval of the Board of
> Directors regarding the designation of the TC Chair. It should only take
> an hour. Alternatively we could do it over lunchtime one of the days.
> Preferences ?

I think it'd be excellent to get us together like this. Count me in for
sure. Wednesday evening sounds good.

> The agenda lives at:
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Governance/TechnicalCommittee
>
> If you have more stuff to add to this first meeting, please send an
> email to this list and I'll add it to the agenda. If it's a formal
> decision you're requesting, please follow the guidelines at the bottom
> of that wiki page.

I wonder should we defer these agenda items to our more normal IRC
meetings. The openness and archiving of the IRC meetings is really
important IMHO and I wouldn't be happy for us to vote on an incubation
proposal offline.

I guess I'd hope for a meeting like this to be more of a brainstorming
session than an actual decision-making meeting.

For an agenda, how about each PTL describes briefly the challenges their
project is currently facing and the directly-elected members do the same
from a more cross-project perspective. As we go along, we build up a
list of discussion topics before finally picking the most important
topics and go into those in greater detail?

Cheers,
Mark.