[Openstack-stable-maint] Preparing for 2012.2.4

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 07:31:33 UTC 2013

Hey

I've been struggling to stay on top of stable/folsom stuff lately so
Alan is going to help out with the next release with a view taking
responsibility for future releases.

2012.2.4 is due for release on 2013-04-11, so we'd like a release
candidate on 2013-04-04. That gives us two weeks to prepare. This will
likely be the last release in the 2012.2.x series.

There are notes on the release process here:

  https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StableBranchRelease

The first thing I do is make sure all of the currently fixed bugs are
added to the folsom series and targeted to the next release. There are
47 bugs currently fixed, and I've listed them all here:

  https://gist.github.com/markmc/5202793

I also make sure the assignee and priority fields are correct so the
final release page is nice and pretty e.g.

  https://launchpad.net/nova/folsom/2012.2.3

Finally, I go through the folsom-backport-potential and in-stable-folsom
tags and remove them from bugs which don't need them anymore.

It's actually not too bad to do all this by hand, but maybe it's a good
opportunity to improve our scripts:

  https://github.com/markmc/openstack-lp-scripts
  https://github.com/ttx/openstack-releasing

In order to add bugs to the folsom, you need to be a member of the
openstack-release team so I'll ask ttx to do that.

Beyond bugs, we also need to get a handle on outstanding reviews.
Currently, there are 37 open reviews.

Thanks,
Mark.