[Openstack-stable-maint] stable-maint team for stable/grizzly

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 08:07:52 UTC 2013

Hey

The openstack-stable-maint team will be responsible for the
stable/grizzly branches of nova, keystone, glance, cinder, quantum,
horizon, oslo-incubator and oslo.config.

That team's job is really to evaluate the risk/benefit of a given
backported patch and understand the "safe source of fixes for
high-impact, user-visible issues" policy documented here:

  http://wiki.openstack.org/StableBranch

i.e. we keep an eye out for changes proposed to stable/grizzly
and then:

 * evaluate risk of a patch
 * consider how severe the issue is for users
 * check that it's already fixed on master

Preferably we add a little comment indicating whether a change meets
those criteria when adding our +/-2. Also, stable/grizzly reviews need 2
+2s from stable-maint members unless the person proposing the backport
is also a stable-maint member.

The question is ... who should be on the team?

Previously, we've included the PTLs and a number of others who are
interested in helping out and understand the inclusion criteria.

  https://launchpad.net/~openstack-stable-maint/+members#active

The outgoing PTLs are bcwaldon, danwent, heckj and vishy. If any of you
guys want to remain on the team, just let me know.

Daviey, zul, eglynn, garyk, ghe.rivero, mapleoin and pixelbeat - if any
of you want to bow out, just let me know.

The incoming PTLs are russellb, dolphm, markwash and mark.mcclain. I'll
assume all of you want to be added.

Matthias Runge from the Horizon team has also expressed an interest in
helping, so I'll add him.

Thanks,
Mark.