[Openstack-security] OS security guide lacking document version information

CF openstack.lists at frei-family.ch
Wed Nov 26 07:05:10 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm following the development of the OS security guide
(http://docs.openstack.org/security-guide/security-guide.pdf) since a
year and it has come a long way since then: content-wise and sheer
size where it has grown from 70 to 200+ pages.

However - IMHO - it has two major shortcomings for infrequent readers like me:
1) The document has no version nor version history where one could
quickly identify major changes/additions compared to the last version.
So one is forced to always skim the whole document while trying to
spot changes.

2) When one downloads the document as PDF it always carries the
download date as its date which doesn't help with version
identification either.

I see and appreciate that the document is maintained in a dynamic
fashion but at the same time would love to have frozen major versions
every now and then (maybe monthly?).

Thanks, Christoph