[Openstack-security] Certmonger

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Oct 29 18:03:53 UTC 2013

On 10/29/2013 11:44 AM, Bryan D. Payne wrote:
> Adam,
>
> Can you provide a little more detail on what pieces of OpenStack you
> are imagining would integrate with Certmonger?  I think some concrete
> examples of why this is needed would go a long ways towards helping to
> spark some discussion here.  But you've piqued my interest and I'd
> like to hear more.  I'd certainly attend a session on this on Hong
> Kong, for what it's worth.

Anything that requires an X509.  This is:  anything that does TLS:
HTTPD, Messaging, etc.  In addition, Keystone should use it to manage
the signing certificates.  If there are certifiates involved in the
crypto signing of block devices, those would be managed via Certmonger
as well.

I'll see if I can set up an unconference session.  THings are still
settling out on the Developers conference schedule.