[Openstack-security] [openstack/nova] SecurityImpact review request change I358813b3ecde4f88de7202c1c07d9b1168c2c332

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Mon Jul 8 21:25:56 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
SecurityImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/30976

Log:
commit 30022e5ae4177270a85246e7c5ac72a52b73f333
Author: Joel Coffman <joel.coffman at jhuapl.edu>
Date:   Mon Jul 8 13:14:39 2013 -0400

    Add encryption support for volumes

    Add support to encrypt Cinder volumes. Modified the libvirt driver to
    encrypt volumes during the attach call. Created a new VolumeEncryptor
    class that is responsible for encrypting volumes. The default
    implementation does not do enryption, and a DmCryptVolumeEncryptor is
    provided to encrypt volumes using dmcrypt.

    This feature requires related changes within Cinder (e.g., storing
    encryption key UUIDs for encrypted volumes), which have not yet been
    accepted. This patch is fully functional but requires further
    modifications (that are relatively minor) once the related Cinder
    changes have been accepted.

    Implements: blueprint encrypt-cinder-volumes
    Change-Id: I358813b3ecde4f88de7202c1c07d9b1168c2c332
    SecurityImpact