[Openstack-security] [openstack/cinder] SecurityImpact review request change I164290e761a9922919a70f22f99af70dac213b61

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Wed Jul 3 20:38:39 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
SecurityImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/30974

Log:
commit afe2f9614855964c232d7d10a22c1f0becb3b795
Author: Joel Coffman <joel.coffman at jhuapl.edu>
Date:   Wed Jul 3 16:34:56 2013 -0400

    Add encryption metadata to volume table

    This modification adds an encryption key UUID field to the volume
    table, which is sufficient to make Cinder "aware" of encrypted volumes
    as designated by predefined volume types. Integration with a key
    manager is necessary to obtain an actual encryption key UUID (the
    current implementation generates a random UUID when an encrypted
    volumes is created). Cinder should *not* presume that it necessarily
    will have access to the key itself -- this decision depends upon the
    design, implementation, and policy for encrypted volumes. The key's
    UUID is stored in Cinder because it is metadata about the volume.

    Implements: blueprint encrypt-cinder-volumes
    Change-Id: I164290e761a9922919a70f22f99af70dac213b61
    SecurityImpact