[Openstack-operators] nova_api resource_providers table issues on ocata

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 14:22:56 UTC 2018

Hi Sylvain,
I mean launching "yum update" on compute nodes.
Now I am going to describe what happened.
We had an environment made up of 3 kvm nodes.
We added two new compute nodes.
Since the addition has been made after 3 or 4 months after the first
openstack installation, the 2 new compute nodes are updated to most recent
ocata packages.
So we launched a yum update also on the 3 old compute nodes.
After the above operations, the resource_providers table contains wrong
uuid for the 3 old nodes and they stooped to work.
Updating resource_providers uuid getting them from compute_nodes table, the
old 3 nodes return to work fine.
Regards
Ignazio