[Openstack-operators] Inverted drive letters on block devices that use virtio-scsi

Jean-Philippe Méthot jp.methot at planethoster.info
Fri Jan 26 06:22:35 UTC 2018

Yea, the configdrive is a non-issue for us since we don’t use those. The multi-drive issue is the only one really affecting us. While removing the second drive and reattaching it after boot is probably a good solution, I think it’s likely the issue will come back after a hard reboot or migration. Probably better to wait before I start converting my multi-disk instances to virtio-scsi. If I am not mistaken, this should also be an issue in Pike and master, right?

Jean-Philippe Méthot
Openstack system administrator
Administrateur système Openstack
PlanetHoster inc.