[Openstack-operators] Inverted drive letters on block devices that use virtio-scsi

Logan V. logan at protiumit.com
Fri Jan 26 05:23:56 UTC 2018

There is a small patch in the bug which resolves the config drive
ordering. Without that patch I don't know of any workaround. The
config drive will always end up first in the boot order and the
instance will always fail to boot in that situation.

For the multi-volume instances where the boot volume is out of order,
I don't know of any patch for that. One workaround is to detach any
secondary data volumes from the instance, and then reattach them after
booting from the one and only attached boot volume.

Logan