[Openstack-operators] Converting existing instances from virtio-blk to virtio-scsi

Jean-Philippe Méthot jp.methot at planethoster.info
Thu Jan 11 07:33:58 UTC 2018

Hi,

We currently have a private cloud running old instances using the virtio-blk driver and new instances using the virtio-scsi driver. We would like to convert all our existing instances to virtio-scsi but there doesn’t appear to be an official way to do this. Can I modify this in the openstack database? What parameters would I need to change? Is there an easier, less likely to break everything way?

Jean-Philippe Méthot
Openstack system administrator
Administrateur système Openstack
PlanetHoster inc.