[Openstack-operators] [doc] Operations Guide removal

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Mon Jul 17 08:50:04 UTC 2017

Hi Greg,

We have been working to fulfil the implementation process that is outlined in the migration spec[0]

I have been emailing the ops list calling for volunteers to help migrate the operations guide over to the OpenStack wiki. I have had a volunteer, but he is currently on vacation. Perhaps this is to what you are referring to?

As Andreas noted, any documentation can always be accessed using the before-migration tag in the openstack-manuals repo.[1]

If perhaps you are referring to another document, it would be helpful if you could find the relevant materials :)

Hopefully this helps,

Alex

[0] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/docs-specs/specs/pike/os-manuals-migration.html
[1] https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/tree/before-migration

On 7/17/17, 3:39 AM, "Gregory Orange" <gregory.orange at pawsey.org.au> wrote:

    On 14/07/17 23:48, Alexandra Settle wrote:
    > Please be aware that I have proposed the following patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/483937/
    >
    > This removes the Operations Guide from the openstack-manuals repo and will no longer be accessible via docs.openstack.org after the patch merges.

    I am unclear on the order of events here. Recently we found some documentation[1] had been removed because it was going to be put up somewhere else, but was not yet available. Is this the case here? Could it instead be put up somewhere else shortly *before* removing it from the repo?

    Regards,
    Greg.

    [1] I do not recall which, but I can find out if desired