[Openstack-operators] Ceilometer and disk IO

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Tue Apr 11 15:49:05 UTC 2017

On 08/04/17 01:00 PM, Paras pradhan wrote:
> y current configuration I am using 300 GB 10K SAS (in hardware raid 1)
> and iostat report does not look good (upto 100% unilization) with
> ceilometer consuming high CPU and Memory.  Does it help adding more
> spindles and move to raid 10?

i don't have any recommendations on how to improve legacy ceilometer
storage. internally, i have gnocchi deployed with redis as incoming
storage and ceph as aggregate storage and it's working pretty well. i
should probably add this requires master so you'd need to wait until
gnocchi v4.

cheers,

--
gord